Friday, June 8, 2012

New portraits

Jane suggested that I post new portraits of the girls because the group shots I put up after I got back were hard to see. The chicks certainly look a lot different now that they are growing up. They are not particularly willing portrait sitters, however, and what you are about to see is the result of an hour of work and 4 separate trips to the garage to be sure I had everyone, and everyone in focus. Which reminds me of something I read last night that suggested that instead of a chicken in every pot and a car in every garage, Hoover's 1928 campaign would have been better off to promise a chicken in every garage (Smith, Jane. 2012. In priase of chickens: a compendium of wisdom fair and fowl. Guilford, CT: Lyons Press.)
Bridget (Aracana)

From left to right, Giada, Ellie, and Sara (Dominique)

Ina (Aracana)

Ingrid (Aracana)

Jennifer (Light Brahma)

Julia (Aracana)

Nigella (Aracana, back) and Clarissa (Light Brahma, front)

No comments:

Post a Comment