Sunday, October 21, 2012

Beautiful day!


We’re getting 6 to 8 eggs a day now. We have enough for our needs and are able to give eggs away to close friends by the dozen. The weather is in the 70’s today. The girls love it! Ellie plastered herself against the side of the coop and stretched her wing out to sun herself. By the time I got my camera, Clarissa had gotten too close, so I wasn’t able to get a picture of the outstretched wing.
Ellie suns herself by the coop.

I have a billion things to do as usual today, but I could not help but spend some time just watching the chickens enjoy the afternoon. Here’s a little video of Jennifer taking a dust bath and Ingrid stretching:
 

Hilda and I pulled the rest of the carrots today. We have enough for several weeks. Some of the carrots grew too close together and wrapped around each other.
The rest of the carrots
Carrots in love

Not much other news here today. I’ve just been really busy with work. Ptui.

No comments:

Post a Comment