Sunday, February 23, 2020

Frosty morning

Today’s post features pictures from a week ago. After the numerous posts from vacation, I had to take a break! When I was up in the wee hours last Sunday morning, I noticed that all the world had been erased by a heavy fog. It was hours before sunrise, but like snow, fog seems to have a light of its own. I could see it in the darkness.
The fog had started to lift by the time I went out to do the chicken chores at 7:00.
River birch in the lifting fog

Every branch or needle of every tree was coated in frost. It was truly a winter wonderland.
Oak branch

Pine needles
Over the next two and a half hours, I took 45 photos. The effect of the changing light and lifting fog was fascinating.
At 8:20, the sun was peeking through.
The sun starting to break through the fog

Sunrise behind the third and fourth oak
An hour after that, the sky was blue and the trees were glorious.
An hour later

Blue sky behind frost in the orchard
Predictably, the sun soon melted the frost. The magic was gone, but we welcomed the bright day. Winter didn’t seem so dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment