Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

One more thing that tells me I’m getting old: staying up until midnight on New Year’s Eve just seems stupid. Admittedly, my threshold has been moving up over the years. When I was young, it had to be midnight local time. When we moved from Buffalo to Illinois, we continued to celebrate the New Year on New York time. This year, London’s New Year was just fine with me.
I made the traditional caramel pecan rolls for breakfast today. Terry and I went upstairs to enjoy them with Mom and Dad.
The first breakfast of the New Year ought to be a good one!

While I was having my second cup of coffee, I saw a huge bird fly over the field. What was it? Great blue herons are all in Florida this time of year. As it banked, I saw a white tail. Could it be? I rushed from the breakfast table to grab the binoculars. Yup, black wings, white head and tail, bald eagle! Everyone got up to see it. It was hard to find in the binoculars, but as it turned the flashes of white before and aft were visible to the naked eye. I took this as a sign that wonderful things will come our way in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment