Sunday, November 2, 2014

Welsummer eggs at last!

We got the first Welsummer egg on Thursday. While it was not as dark as I remembered from the photo in Hobby Farms that prompted me to order the breed, it is still beautiful. I would not, however, describe it as chocolate colored.
Welsummer egg, left; Buff Orpington egg, right
We had a nice trick or treat on Halloween. We got five eggs! Three were from Buff Orpingtons, one was from an Araucana (as far as we can tell, only Lizette is laying), and one from a Welsummer. Here is the group shot:
All of these eggs were laid on Halloween
We had five eggs yesterday as well. Only two today, though. I wonder where we'll be by next weekend. Soon I'll be hard boiling the excess to have for breakfast during the week! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment