Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

The fifth oak in the snow
2014 is beginning with cold and snowy day. Just about the time we think the snow is letting up, here it comes again. Terry fired up the snowblower at noon. I went out at 12:30 to clean up the remnants. Hilda had shoveled most of what couldn’t be done with the snowblower before Terry started. I could still be out there. I gave it up as hopeless at 1:10. We might have to get out there again yet today. Will it ever stop snowing?
This little table had no snow on it 24 hours ago. 
I made pecan caramel rolls for breakfast. It was a nice way to start the new year. We will have the traditional pork and sauerkraut dinner tonight to insure good luck in the coming year.
New Year's breakfast. Aren't you jealous?
I’m leaving for Belize on Friday.  Correction: I’m supposed to leave for Belize on Friday, if I’m not snowed in here for the remainder of winter. It might be two weeks or more before my next post, but I’ll try to be sure I have some awesome pictures to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment