Sunday, December 8, 2013

Oh, Christmas Tree

Not much shaking at the farm for me this week. The end of semester has somehow left my schedule full of last-minute meetings that got put off until we all had “more time.” Really? Why did we think that was going to happen?
We decorated our tree Wednesday evening. My folks put the finishing touches on theirs today. They are both just lovely. And our own trees!
Our tree
Mom and Dad's tree

I scheduled too much cooking for today (how does every Sunday end up this way??), which means I have not yet finished writing the Holiday Letter. I made almond croissants (thanks, Trader Joe’s!) for breakfast, cranberry-orange-apricot-walnut bread for the Division pot luck on Tuesday, the usual batch of yogurt for the week, a pot roast for supper, and for fun, Hilda and I made bleu cheese crackers and cheese pogacsa (Hungarian for “biscuit”) from recipes that were in the newspaper this week. Feels pretty good to be sitting down, let me tell you. It’s another weekend when I’ll be glad to get back to work so I can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment