Sunday, September 15, 2013

Rain at last

We are all inside today, taking advantage of the eagerly-awaited rain to catch up on our indoor tasks. There's nothing like a six-week dry spell to make a day like this seem like the most beautiful day in the world.
My life continues at a breathless pace. I've spent the day so far frantically putting the last video clips and rubrics into my online class's Unit 3, which opened this morning. I hope I've got everything now. At some point today I will go into the kitchen to deal with produce. Sometime today I need to get out to the garden to get peppers so I can make and freeze stuffed peppers.
I have only two pictures to share with you today. The first is part of the squash/pumpkin harvest. The part not shown is a vast number of Jack-Be-Littles and Baby Boos, which filll up the other half of the trailer. These miniature pumpkins are very cute.
Pumpkins, butternut and delicata squash

While I was picking the dry beans last week, I came upon a navy and orange caterpillar. A quick Google search suggests it might be some kind of tiger moth. I thought it certainly must be a Bears fan. As it happened, the Bears did win that day. I don't have any omen for today's game, but I might have time to catch a little bit of it while I grade papers.
Navy and orange caterpillar

No comments:

Post a Comment